The first time I made this it was fascinating to watch Grandma fighting with the kids for seconds!.
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup sugar
6 ripe peaches, peeled, halved and pitted
12 amaretti biscuits, crushed
1 egg yolk, beaten
3 tbsp cream, whipped
How to make:
- Boil the wine and sugar for 5 minutes to form a syrup.
- Poach the peach halves in the syrup for 5 more minutes, then lift them out with a slotted spoon and let cool.
- Fold the amaretti crumbs and egg yolk into the cream.
- Fill the peach halves with the cream mixture.
- Arrange on a serving plate and pour the remaining wine syrup around them.