1 onion, chopped
5 sticks celery, roughly chopped
300ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp cornflour
75g Stilton cheese, crumbled
50ml single cream
How to make:
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and celery, sauté until soft.
- Add most of the milk and all of the stock, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, liquidise the soup until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and bring back to the boil.
- Blend the cornflour with the remaining milk, stir into the soup and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the Stilton.
- Pour into soup bowls and garnish with a swirl of cream.
Saturday, 21 April 2012
Celery and Stilton Soup
Posted by Hub-UK at Saturday, April 21, 2012