It is possible to enjoy your favorite Japanese dish from the comfort of your own home. You can now satisfy your cravings by giving yourself a spoil in form of a teppanyaki dish. The results you will witness when you prepare your favorite steak or shrimp using a teppan (teppanyaki grill) will leave you anticipating for a next time.
What is the best Teppanyaki Grill I can buy?
For every situation there is a perfect grilling solution. Here are the five best for each of these cooking challenges:
- VonShef Electric XXL Teppanyaki Style Barbecue Table Grill: Slim and easy to take with you for that dinner party
- Quest Benross Quest Electric Teppanyaki Grill: lots of cooking space
- Kingavon Electric Table Top Teppanyaki Grill: handy with steel handles and oil drip
- Tower Cerastone Teppanyaki Grill: more control with Adjustable Thermostat
- Andrew James Electric Teppanyaki Barbecue Table Grill: Lightweight and durable
In this article I’ll go in depth into each of these. My favorite is the Andrew James Electric Table grill though, you can get it here on Amazon UK. I just moved to the US and found that it isn’t available over here so I tested another one I gave to my friends as a gift, the Costzon from Amazon and really liked that one to. So you could check that out as well.
Also, if you’re thinking about getting more serious in teppanyaki and want to make it more often (not just at parties at the dinner table): I just got this stovetop grill and it’s amazing how much you can prepare with it.
So, what is a Teppanyaki grill plate?
A teppanyaki grill plate is made from iron and is a common component of the Japanese cooking blueprint. You will definitely notice how teppanyaki meals stand out from others thanks to their wholesome and delightful nature. They have become a major point as far as tourist attraction in Japan is concerned. The site of marinated meats, vegetables or fish on sizzling hotplate makes the Japanese style of cooking noticeable anywhere in the world.
Teppanyaki grills are an important factor to give some thought when on a mission to come up with a teppanyaki dish. There are varieties of teppanyaki grills in the market and you would want to make the best choice for your money.
Below are five of the teppanyaki grills that stand out from the rest, and should worth every dime. I’ve tried different kinds over time and I myself really love the Andrew James table grill ever since I got it off of Amazon.
- VonShef Electric XXL Teppanyaki Style Barbecue Table Grill with Adjustable Temperature Control, 2000W
VonShef Electric XXL Teppanyaki style table grill provides you with a unique dining moments at home while giving you a great cooking experience. It suits any kind of approach, whether it is frying for breakfast or grilling meat. It enables you to easily cook a variety of dishes that suit your mood.
The versatility that comes with this particular grill enables it to cook different varieties of dishes. Whichever meal you decide to make, be it meat, fish, or vegetables, you are guaranteed to have both a great cooking experience and a mouth-watering dish. It is characterized by a non-stick surface and adjustable temperature control which enables you to cook to perfection.
It is slim and relatively light making it easy to move around with. Moving it from one point to the other, let’s say from the dining table to the cabinet, is easy. Its non-stick feature makes it easy to clean the 3mm thick aluminum plate. If you like a slim grill everyone can cook on, you cantry it on Amazon.
This is one of the grills that most people can admit is worth their money due to its ability to accommodate large amounts of food at a go, thanks to its large size.
2. Quest Benross Quest Electric Teppanyaki Grill, 2000 Watt
Mark my words: best for your garden and home and this is probably the one I liked best. It is very suitable for house parties and transportation is never a problem. Its surface is flat and perfectly adapted to cooking various dishes while retaining as much moisture as possible.
Multitasking is made possible due to ample cooking space. To add on top of that, the cooking station is made of non-stick material. The cooking center is easy to clean, attributed to the non-stick plates and an oil drip tray. Top quality heating elements and cool handles are also incorporated within the make to have a better grilling experience.
For quicker cooking, this is the one to go for.
3. Kingavon Electric Table Top Teppanyaki Grill Griddle BBQ Hot Plate
This grill is perfect for conventional Japanese cuisine. It allows for multiple cooking due to the wide cooking surface at the top, and can prepare various kinds of food. It is very hard to go wrong with this grill as the taste outcome is splendid.
The Kingavon Teppanyaki Grill is the best companion for people who have a thing for outdoor events as well as at home as it is very portable with sturdy stainless steel handles that are well insulated. With no difficulty in transportation, you can thus enjoy the Teppanyaki grill wherever you want to.
Another huge plus to this Teppanyaki grill is the oil drip tray which means that food prepared will be very healthy and free of excess fat. Because of the ease of use, it is worth a look here.
4. Tower Cerastone Teppanyaki Grill with Adjustable Thermostat and Non Stick Ceramic Coat, 46 cm
The Tower Cerastone Teppanyaki grill adds inventiveness with spices and flavors. It is a bit more expensive here on Amazon but it has a generous cooking space, 46 cm to be exact, has an adjustable thermostat, a non-stick ceramic coat and can facilitate cooking a variety of meals for domestic and social purposes.
Minimal time is spent on cleaning and the rest, eating. This is made possible by the non-stick coating that only requires a simple wipe. It is also equipped with an adjustable thermostat that alters the temperature at which you prefer to do the cooking.
With this grill, there is absolutely no need for oil thus the assurance that you will eat your favorite meal completely free of fat. The touch handles can make the grill be placed on table tops. Tower Cerastone Teppanyaki grills are made from long lasing aluminum and it will withstand the test of time.
5. Andrew James Electric Teppanyaki Barbecue Table Grill, 2000W
Andrew James Electric Teppanyaki Grill is definitely worth mentioning. It supplies 2000W of power and comes with eight wooden spatulas, enabling everyone to prepare his or her own meal. It has a non- stick feature that requires that you use the lowest amount of oil possible when preparing your dishes. So it does not only make you get together worthwhile, but also encourages healthy eating habits.
Andrew James Electric Teppanyaki Grill contains adjustable thermostat with six settings that will enable you to tailor down your cooking, just the way you want it. You can bring your cooking to perfection by grilling vegetables, meat or fish on its large, non-stick plate.
It is light and portable making it suitable for any kind of setting, be it on holiday or just a backyard get together with family or friends. Cleaning the grill after cooking is relatively easy. A simple wipe with water, especially warm water, is enough to give it the desired cleanliness.
It’s the one I bought when I first started out with Teppanyaki cooking and I’m loving it still.
Things to consider when buying a Teppanyaki grill
There are a list of factors that need some consideration before making a purchase on a teppanyaki grill. You have to know how, where and what you will be cooking with your grill. With all these factors, you should always choose a Teppanyaki grill that promises to perform.
- Size: it is important to choose a grill that is of the right size. Go for a grill that corresponds to the quantity of ingredients and the serving size. Do not buy something for a big group when you will only use it to grill for family.
- Cleaning: cooking and eating is always enjoyable. However, the difficult task is removing the remnants left on the grill after cooking. Choose a Teppanyaki grill that is easy to clean and store to save up space.
- Temperature control: having absolute control of the cooking temperature is a must. Check whether the temperature of the grill can be modulated to have food prepared to your own specifications.
- High heat: cooking meat dishes requires the outside part to be brown while having the inner meat well-cooked. Even on thin steaks, the grill has to be adequately hot. Charcoal grills are the best since the source of heat are just below the cooking center. Gas grills only attain such heat if they are equipped with infrared or sear burners. If you prefer gas grills, those are features that you should add into the grill.
The distance between the source of heat and cooking surface matters. Charcoal grills perform better when closer but gas burners close to the surface and far apart will lead to hot spots.
- Material durability: only the best grills are made from cast iron, powder coated steel, vitreous enamel bonded steel, cast aluminum, and premium stainless steel. Heavy steel is impressive when it comes to heat distribution. Regular steel and cast iron are prone to rust. Painting with high quality heat resistant paint is an option although the paint can chip and peel off easily.
- Power: electric countertop models have a standard outlet and are useable with power inverters and portable generators. Range models do not have an inbuilt source of power. They require heat from electric or gas burners, and thus induction grills cannot be suitable with such indoor grills.
- Safety: for minimal accidents, the Teppanyaki grill has additional components added to it. The surrounding fabrications are items that are tolerant to high heat. The electric cords are removable and this eases transportation and cleaning. Also, the handles, lids, and covers of some indoor grills are well insulated to prevent burns.
Indoor grills are also similar to outdoor grills and can serve people as well excluding the ability to cook in outdoors weather conditions. Some models are also similar in function and look as outdoor grills as much as possible. If using an indoor grill, regardless of the make, all food prepared is less in fat than other methods of cooking.
You can check some out for yourself here on Amazon if you haven’t made a choice yet.