This Ginataang Monggo Recipe is a Filipino dish, a variation of Ginataan, a dish with so many variations that may use meat, vegetables, or seafood as the main ingredient that is then cooked in
Unlike most forms of Ginataan, Ginataang Monggo is sweet, is considered both a snack food and as a dessert (if served cold), and is quite similar to Ginataang Mais, as both are prepared in a similar manner, both are snacks, and both use a common ingredient, glutinous rice.
This dish is relatively easy and quite simple to make, and all at the same time, delicious.
In this post we'll cover:
Ginataang Monggo Recipe and Preparation Tip
To make Ginataang Monggo we have to get the necessary ingredients which are
The first step in making this sweet and creamy dessert is to toast the
After toasting the
After you’ve set them aside, on a pan, cook the glutinous rice with some water, and stir the rice to prevent the rice from burning above the pan.
Once you’re done cooking the glutinous rice, put the Monggo beans in and then add the
You can by this time add sugar to the Ginataang Monggo to add sweetness to the dish.
Once the dish has a thick consistency, you can now serve it in a bowl, either hot or cold, depending on the weather or how you want it to be, eat it with your family or friends.
Ginataang monggo recipe
- ½ cup sticky rice (malagkit) washed
- ¼ cup mung beans (monggo)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup corn kernels (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a pan, toast monggo until roasted and brown.
- Crushed the monggo using a rolling pin or bottle. Set aside.
- In a casserole mix the rice, roasted monggo, water and coconut milk.
- Cook in a low heat until the coconut milk is almost absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Add sugar, corn kernels and vanilla extract and stir well. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve hot!
In this recipe:
[lasso ref=”sweet-and-sticky-white-rice-three-rings-sanpatong” id=”6772″ link_id=”62581″]
[lasso ref=”pride-of-india-indian-whole-green-mung-beans” id=”8944″ link_id=”62582″]
[lasso ref=”365-everyday-value-organic-coconut-milk” id=”8667″ link_id=”62583″]
[lasso ref=”watkins-all-natural-original-gourmet-baking-vanilla-extract” id=”7069″ link_id=”62584″]
Also check out this Homemade Kutsinta Filipino dessert recipe