Ginataang Manok Recipe (Chicken Cooked in
In this post we'll cover:
What is Ginataang Manok?
Ginataang Manok, as the name suggests uses Chicken as the main ingredient, though it can have optional ingredients like papaya and malunggay if needed.
The main ingredients needed to cook Ginataang Manok are garlic cloves, cooking oil, chopped onions, chicken,
Other ingredients that may be added are unripe
The recipe is simple, quite easy, and very tasty, all the same time.
Ginataang manok recipe (chicken cooked in coconut milk)
- 1 kg chicken legs and thighs
- 1 medium green papaya sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 packet bok choy
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 thumb-sized ginger julienned
- 2 pcs green finger chilies
- freshly ground black pepper
- fish sauce or sea salt
- In a pot add oil then sauté garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add the chicken stock and 1 cup of coconut milk then bring it to a boil. Simmer in low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add the remaining cup of coconut milk, long green chili and green papaya then simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add the bok choy and coconut cream then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then serve.
In this recipe:
[lasso ref=”produce-aisle-golden-papayas” id=”8709″ link_id=”63300″]
[lasso ref=”thai-kitchen-gluten-free-unsweetened-coconut-cream” id=”8724″ link_id=”63301″]
[lasso ref=”365-everyday-value-organic-coconut-milk” id=”8667″ link_id=”63302″]
[lasso ref=”seranno-peppers-long-green-chili” id=”8708″ link_id=”63303″]
Ginataang Manok Recipe and Preparation Tips
- The first step to make Ginataang Manok is to sauté the crushed cloves of garlic with cooking oil with medium or low heat.
- The next step to making Ginataang Manok is when the garlic turns to a golden brown color, add the chopped onions and sauté it for a few more minutes, three to four minutes would do.
- Once done, add the chicken along with the garlic and onions that have been sautéed, then you can pour some
fish sauce( patis) and some crushed black pepper, as well as salt to add flavor to the Ginataang Manok.
- Once you can see the chicken turning into a light, brown color, add the
coconut milk, along with the rest of the ingredients of the Ginataang Manok.
- Afterward, simmer the ingredients until the chicken is tender.
- If you’re going to add the unripe
papayaand malunggay leaves, add them once the chicken is tender, afterward, simmer until the papayais soft.
- Once you’re done, you can now serve Ginataang Manok on a bow, eat it with rice along with your family, your friends, and relatives. Eat well!
Simply Follow Ginataang Manok Recipe Posted below to make it easier for you to follow. The Ingredients and also the Cooking instruction as well.
You Can also follow the steps above or choose the other way around.
More Healthy Pinoy Recipes to come. Stay updated. Have a nice day!