Tomato pork menudo recipe
This tomato-based pork menudo recipe is simple to follow, as the ingredients are also accessible. You'll need pork meat, pork liver, tomato (or tomato sauce), raisins, potatoes, and carrots.
Servings 5 people
- ½ kg pork (cut into small chunks)
- ¼ kg pork liver (cut into small cubes)
- 3 potatoes (peeled, cut in small cubes, fried)
- 1 large carrot (peeled, cut in small cubes, fried)
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup chickpeas or green peas
- 1 cup pork or chicken stock
- 2 tsp patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 1 small head garlic minced
- 1 medium-sized onion diced
- 5 pcs chorizo de Bilbao cut in small pieces (optional)
In a pan or wok, heat the cooking oil.
Saute the garlic and onion.
After the garlic and onion turn golden brown, saute tomatoes, then add the pork, liver, chorizo de Bilabo, paprika, and the chicken stock.
Add patis, cover, and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until the pork is tender.
Add the chickpeas or green peas, potatoes, carrot, bell pepper, and raisins. Boil for another 2 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy and serve hot with white rice!