Filipino Chicken macaroni salad recipe with condensed milk
The Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe usually makes its appearance in birthday celebrations, fiesta, picnics and family get-togethers. With its mixture of elbow macaroni, chicken and selected vegetables and fruits.
Servings 5 people
- 2 cups (8 oz.) dry elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- ⅓ cup diced dill pickles
- ¼ cup red bell pepper finely diced
- ⅓ cup celery finely diced
- ⅓ cup black olives finely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 5 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large pot of boiling lightly salted water, cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper, and whisk until smooth.
Place cooked macaroni in a large mixing bowl, pour dressing and toss. Stir in chicken, carrots, chives, pickles, bell pepper, celery and olives (you can always add more of any ingredient if you feel it’s needed). Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!