Ginataang tilapia recipe
Ginataang Tilapia is a tasty variation of the Filipino dish called Ginataan, which can be made will all sorts of ingredients that are cooked in coconut milk, locally know by Filipinos as Ginata.
Servings 3 people
- 2 medium Tilapia
- 1 cup Gata (Unang piga) / Coconut cream first extraction
- 1 cup gata (pangalawang piga) / Coconut cream second extraction
- 1 small Ginger root chopped
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 2 pcs Siling Haba / Green chili pepper
- 2 pcs Siling Labuyo / Red chili pepper chopped
- 1 bunch Mustasa / Mustard greens sliced in half
- Salt and Pepper
Put the second extraction of coconut cream in a pan over medium heat.
When the coconut cream starts to boil, add the ginger and onion and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the tilapia and let simmer until the fish is cooked.
Add the mustard greens and the coconut cream first extraction then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste and the chili peppers.
Let simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve with rice.