Sinanglay na tilapia recipe
As the only difficult part of this Sinanglay na Tilapia recipe is stuffing and covering the tilapia, everything else is simple as one would only need to drop the Tilapia in the pot and pour in the coconut milk.
Servings 5 people
- 3 medium tilapia cleaned and scales removed
- 4 pcs bok choy (or pechay) leaves
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 thumb ginger chopped
- 3 pcs long green chilli (or 1 pc of siling labuyo if you want to make it spicy)
- 1½ cup coconut milk (medium thick)
- 1 tsp salt
- a pinch of Maggi magic sarap to taste
In a bowl, combine garlic, onion, tomatoes, and ginger then mix.
Stuff the tilapia with the garlic, onion, and ginger mixture.
Wrap the pechay around the tilapia. I use 4 pcs. of pechay leaves for each to ensure that the entire fish is wrapped.
Arranged the wrapped tilapia in a wide cooking pan then pour in coconut milk. Sprinkle salt and Maggi magic sarap, cover, and turn on the heat.
Cook the fish in medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes.