However, it can also be served as an afternoon snack, and if one is feeling adventurous, then as one of the many side dishes during lunch. It usually is served and best eaten with spicy vinegar with lots of onions and chilies.
Though not as sinful as the other parts of the pig the raw ingredient for this
Thus, in buying the pig mesentery, the pig intestine will always be included.
Since we just need the mesentery, you can keep the pig intestines and cook it as some other dish which could be
One must serve
However, if it couldn’t be helped though there would be leftovers, then it could be used in another recipe or you can lightly re-fry it.
In this post we'll cover:
Chicharon Bulaklak Recipe Preparation Tips
In preparing the
In doing so, one can rinse the raw mesentery with salt and vinegar or you can toss it in a pot of boiling water with ginger, onion and salt and pepper.
This should eliminate the sliminess and the gamey odor of the chitterlings. You can also deep-fry or shallow-fry the chitterlings and be very careful with the popping of the cooking oil.
Also though the raw ingredient is just a tissue of the pig, it is still recommended that one eats Chicharong Bulaklak in moderation.
Chicharon bulaklak recipe
- 1½ kg pork small intestine with mesentery intact
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 1 head garlic crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- cooking oil
- Cut the pork intestine and mesentery into manageable sizes.
- Using a thin sharp knife, make a slit along the outer radius of the small intestine.
- Wash each pork intestine and mesentery thoroughly with running water.
- Scrubbing off all solid matter inside the intestines.
- Do this several time until all the solid particles are removed.
- Put the pork intestine and mesentery in a large Pan
- Pour in water about 2 inches above the intestines.
- Add the bay leaf, peppercorns and 1 to 2 tbsp. of salt.
- Let boil and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the pork intestine and mesentery from the pan and let drain
- Discard the boiling liquid and other residues.
- Keep refrigerated for several hours to chill or until ready to fry.
to deep fry
- Cut the pork intestine and mesentery to the desired size and evenly season with salt.
- Add oil to the deep fryer at the recommended level.
- Pre-heat the deep fryer to 200°C or to the highest setting.
- Now deep fry the pork intestine and mesentery in batches.
- Expect the oil splashing so replace the deep fryer lid immediately.
- Deep fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until the vigorous oil splashing has stopped turn over the pork intestine and mesentery.
- Continue to deep fry until the intestines and mesentery color has changed into a nice golden. When done remove from the deep fryer and drain oil in a plate lined with paper kitchen towel. Alternately heat a generous amount of oil in a deep frying pan.
- Deep fry for 3 to 5 minutes in batches or until color change to golden brown and crisp, drain excess oil in a kitchen paper towels.