The Ginataang Langka Recipe is a tasty, Filipino dish made from Coconut milk and unripe Jackfruit. This dish can have all sorts of varied ingredients added to the dish.
Like in this recipe, we will use Malunggay leaves and Daing, any form of dried, salted fish to make Ginataang Langka with Daing Recipe.
The fish helps give some salty and fishy flavor to the jackfruit, alongside the creamy feel of the coconut milk.
Malunggay also helps not only make the dish look better and tastier, but it also makes Ginataang Langka much more nutritious.
Ginataang Langka is not only tasty, but it is only a great alternative if one does not want to cook with meat or when meat is not available, as the jackfruit has a texture and taste similar to chicken.
The method and preparation of this recipe are almost the same as the Ginataang Langka with Tuna Flakes Recipe.
In this post we'll cover:
Ginataang Langka with Daing Recipe Preparation
- To cook Ginataang Langka with Malunggay and Daing, we first have to sauté the garlic in cooking oil until the garlic has a golden brown color to it.
- Afterward, add chopped onions, and cook it for a few minutes, three minutes at a minimum would do.
- The next thing we have to do to make Ginataang Langka with Malunggay and Daing is that we add the coconut milk, to the sautéed garlic and onions, and after that, simmer the ingredients of Ginataang Langka with Malunggay and Daing for at least five minutes.
- Then after simmering the ingredients of Ginataang Langka with Malunggay and Daing, put the main ingredient the main ingredient, the Jackfruit, in with the rest of the ingredients, and then simmer the jackfruit until the fruit itself is tender.
- When the jackfruit itself is already tender you can already add salt and pepper as you would want and also by this time, add the cooked daing, and if desired, add some shrimp paste (bagoong) and fish sauce for flavor.
- After that, simmer your Ginataang Langka with Malunggay and Daing for at least several minutes. Once you’re done with all these steps, you’re ready to serve your Ginataang Langka with Malunggay and Daing. Happy eating!
Ginataang langka with daing recipe
- 5 to 8 pcs danggit or any type of Daing
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 pcs Thai chili peppers stemmed and minced
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) packages frozen green langka thawed
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan over medium heat, heat about 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add dried fish and lightly fry, turning once or twice as needed.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- In a pot over medium heat, heat about 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add onions, garlic and chili peppers and cook until limp and aromatic.
- Add jackfruit and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until vegetable is tender and liquid is reduced.
- Add coconut cream and stir to combine.
- Add dried fish.
- Continue to cook for about 7 to 10 minutes or until liquid is thickened and begins to render fat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Note: Tried to follow this Two Filipino Recipe website and added some twist on the recipe and added some ingredients on it. You can also try to put Dilis instead of Daing in this one.
Every month new cooking tips in your email?
Japanese recipes, cooking tips and more with the first email our FREE mini-recipe guide "Japanese with ease"