This Arroz Valenciana recipe is much like Paella. This Filipino recipe uses coconut milk, malagkit (glutinous rice), boiled eggs, and chorizo.
Arroz Valenciana is commonly prepared on holidays, family gatherings, and reunions.
If you are looking for some kind of recipes to prepare during Christmas, Noche Buena or a Christmas Party, this recipe is for you.
Or prepare this Arroz Valenciana on New Years eve with your family, or just any kind of birthday party.
Below is the exact recipe of our Homemade Arroz Valenciana, you can try different styles of your own to make it more delicious and good looking.
Also check out this arroz ala cubana recipe
In this post we'll cover:
Arroz Valenciana Recipe (Filipino Style)
Arroz valenciana recipe
- 3 cups Sticky rice
- ½ lb pork cut into bite sizes
- ½ lb shrimp peeled
- 4 pcs chorizo bilbao (Chinese sausage) cooked and julienned
- 1 large potato cut into cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper julienned
- 1 can snow peas
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp garlic crushed
- 1 dozen quail eggs boiled and peeled
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 stems green onion sliced thinly
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Boil sticky rice in 3 cups of water with turmeric powder.
- Once it starts boiling reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for few minutes then remove from heat.
- Set aside.
- Saute crushed garlic, onion and pork.
- Add ½ water, the coconut milk, and simmer to soften the meat.
- Once meat is fully cooked and juice completely dries add chinese sausage, shrimp, potatoes, red bell pepper, snow peas and raisins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the half cooked sticky rice with the sauteed ingredients.
- Mix well, cover wok and simmer in low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with quail eggs and green onions.
- Serve and enjoy.
The Chorizo Bilbao is actually a delicious Chinese sausage like these ones:
Want to improve this Recipe? Post your Ideas and Comment below. Don’t Forget to Rate this Recipe. Thank You ;)
Every month new cooking tips in your email?
Japanese recipes, cooking tips and more with the first email our FREE mini-recipe guide "Japanese with ease"
Also, check out this Filipino Paella De Marisco Recipe (Seafood Paella)