Filipino marinated grilled pork chops with kalamansi juice
Pork chops are among the most flavorful pieces of meat that can come from a pig. This is also popular in the Philippines. Just see this very popular Special Pork Steak Recipe here.
It is because it has just the right amount of fat throughout to add flavor and keep it moist.
You can use them as-is, as long as they are sliced properly, and although I used pork chops in this recipe, you may use any element of the pork if you don’t have the chops.
The reason I used this part is because of its fat content. The fats add more flavor to the dish.
In this post we'll cover:
Soy Marinated Pan Fried Pork Chops
Now let’s get the ingredients together:
Filipino style pork chops recipe
- 7 pork chops
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 kalamansi (or 2 limes or 1 lemon)
- 3 cloves garlic
- pepper to taste
- 1 thumb ginger
- Marinate the pork or beef steak in kalamansi (lemon) juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan then pour-in cooking oil.
- Pan-fry the marinated pork chops in medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove excess oil. Pour-in the remaining marinade and water and let boil. Simmer for 45 minutes or until the pork is tender. Note: Add water as needed.
- Add-in the sugar, salt, and pepper then stir.
- Put-in the onions and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Turn-off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Pork chops with a little bit of fat on them are perfect for this recipe.
Many people may integrate the pork steak into a dish or casserole, but just as with beef steak, pork steak is left to be appreciated all by itself.
Match it with a baked potato or a salad, and you’ve got an unbeatable meal.
Joost Nusselder, the founder of Bite My Bun is a content marketer, dad and loves trying out new food with Japanese food at the heart of his passion, and together with his team he's been creating in-depth blog articles since 2016 to help loyal readers with recipes and cooking tips.