Instant Pot DUO60 Review Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Looking for a pressure cooker? Well, there are probably dozens of options out there, but if you are looking for quality, well built, and value for money, then perhaps you will be better off going for the Instant Pot IP-DUO60.
The pressure cooker is the epitome of multipurpose use. It is, in essence, seven appliances in one. In this review, we will be focusing on it.
We will begin by looking at some of its features, go through a few pros and cons, and give you the additional information that will help you make an informed choice.
The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 comes loaded with several great features, all of which set it apart from other pressure cookers in its category.
Here are some of the major highlights:
- The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is designed to speed up cooking times while delivering outstanding energy efficiency. The pot can cook up to 2-6 times faster than your average cooker and uses 70% less energy.
- The pot also offers up to 14 smart programs that let you cook a wide variety of foods, including multi-grain, porridge, poultry, rice, meat, stew, Beans, chili, and others. There are also additional settings that let you cook how you want, including simmer, steam, slow cook, and warm.
- The pressure cooker is also fitted with microprocessor sensors designed to monitor pressure levels as the pot cooks. Timers and temperature sensors are installed too that track temperature levels and automatically adjust the heat if need be.
- The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is also quite large. The pot measures 14.8 “x 13.2” x 14”, making it big enough to prepare meals for large families and large gatherings.
- You will also enjoy the sturdy stainless steel construction on the inside and the outside. The pot is also accentuated with touches of black for a sleek and modern look. The stainless steel construction makes it easier to clean this unit.
- The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 offers great value for money. It is actually a combination of seven different appliances in one that allows you to cook various meals with fantastic convenience.
- The pot also features a large control area with clearly marked settings and signs. You don’t need any complicated manuals to use the cooker. It is a plug and plays an appliance that can be used by anyone with very minimal learning requirements.
- The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is fitted with a three-ply bottom, specifically designed to enhance quick heat dissipation and energy efficiency
- Excellent stainless-steel construction for easy maintenance and long-lasting service
- Offers outstanding value for money with up to seven appliances in one
- Easy to use plug and play appliance
- A highly energy-efficient unit that will save you up to 70% in cooking energy
- Some people have complained that the port is too small for their needs
- There have been complaints too about the cooker does not pressurize enough after a few months of use
- Some users also had complained about customer service and support.
Pressure Cooker Buying Guide
Before we wrap up this review, we thought it would be nice to share a few tips on how to pick a pressure cooker with you.
As you can imagine, there are so many brands out there. Telling the difference between different brands requires a lot of info. Well, no need to worry.
Here are some important things to remember before buying a pressure cooker:
An essential to buy a pressure cooker that will be enough to prepare meals for your entire family. There is no need to invest in a smaller cooker only to have to reuse it over and over again.
You also don’t want a big cooker that doesn’t meet your needs. In that case, assess the various size options available and pick out the one that is large enough to cater to your family’s mealtimes.
- Ease of Use
Most pressure cookers out there are designed to cook a wide variety of foods. As a result, they may come loaded with a lot of settings.
While there is nothing wrong with these many settings, sometimes they can be too cluttered on the control box, making it harder for you to use. Ease of use is key because it helps you unlock the full value of your cooker.
Plug and play appliances with one button settings and operation are often highly recommended. These are normally pressure cookers that anyone could use even without a detailed manual.
As we have hinted above, a pressure cooker will more often than not be designed to cook so many different things.
You want to make sure that the cooker you have chosen offers as much versatility as possible. How many types of foods can you cook with it? How many pressure and temperature settings does it have? How about cooking modes? Does it steam or slow cook?
All these things are incredibly vital in enhancing the overall versatility of your cooker. Go for a unit that offers as many settings and modes as possible, without affecting the ease of use.
Building successful brands in a competitive industry like appliances is not easy. It takes years of consistent quality to win over clients.
This is why top brands are always worth the money. You may end up paying a little extra for these cookers, but they offer many features that you will never find in low-end brands.
You can research brands on Amazon and other e-commerce sites by looking at reviews and other users. Expert reviews, too, are very important and may help you identify important distinguishing factors in pressure cookers that make the difference.
Getting a quality pressure cooker may seem like a daunting task for now, especially when you consider the massive variety of options out there. But the Instant Pot IP-DUO60 does stand out. It is a classy and well-built cooker that you can rely on any time!
There are loads of pressure cookers out there, each of them with unique features that set them apart from competitor brands.
But if there is one thing, buyers look for its ease of use, value for money, and durable construction. The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 offers all that. Its sturdy steel construction ensures it lasts long, and besides, you get seven different appliances in one.
The pot saves you energy too, so in the long term, it’s a worthwhile investment. There are a few issues about customer support and size from some user reviews. But the Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is one of the best sellers on Amazon with an average rating of 4.6.
Even with its minor imperfections, there is no doubt that it’s a reliable pressure cooker that will offer outstanding service in your kitchen. It is highly recommended.
Joost Nusselder, the founder of Bite My Bun is a content marketer, dad and loves trying out new food with Japanese food at the heart of his passion, and together with his team he's been creating in-depth blog articles since 2016 to help loyal readers with recipes and cooking tips.