Pork Dinuguan Recipe is an acquired taste.
This dish is made up of pig (PORK) and pig’s blood which gives it its blackish color. Fans of this dish like the texture and the sourness spiciness of this stew.
However, for some, the idea of having something black stuck in one’s teeth and the idea of eating blood just makes people retch.
That doesn’t stop its lovers from loving the dish though.
The most important ingredient of Dinuguan recipe is obviously the pig’s (pork) blood.
Pork blood is used in many other Asian cuisines either as coagulated blood acting as a meat extender or as a mixture for the broth itself. Pork Dinuguan is the latter.
In this post we'll cover:
Pork Dinuguan Recipe and Preparation Tips (Method 1)
- To cook this exciting dish, one needs pork, pig’s blood, and pig’s intestines. You can all buy this in the wet market. As for the intestines, always ask the butcher to clean the intestines first before giving it to you. Upon arriving, you can actually still choose to clean the intestines and giving it a boil inside a pot together with salt and ginger to eliminate the strong odor.
- Once you’re all set, saute onion, garlic, and
gingerthen add the pork. You can actually add any part of the pork in this dinuguan recipe. What is important is the blood and the intestines. Add some water to add more consistency once the blood is added at let this mixture simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. You then add the blood, stirring it to stop the blood from coagulating. Add salt, pepper, and vinegar to achieve that sour taste that most people love about dinuguan. Add more vinegar as per your liking.
- Let the dish simmer for 10 to 20 minutes. After which you put in on a large ceramic bowl and garnish it with long green chilies and serve with its partner, puto.
- As you can see, apart from cleaning the intestines, this dinuguan recipe is easy to do. Try adding it in your to-cook list and blow yourself away with this interesting dish.
Pork dinuguan recipe
- ½ kg pork ( liempo or pork belly)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cups pork liver sliced into cubes
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 1 tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp MSG
- 1½ cup pork meat stock
- 1 cup pig’s blood
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 pcs green chili peppers
- ¼ tsp oregano
- Cook the pork in approximately 3 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool then slice the pork into cubes. Set aside the meat stock.
- In a wok or kawali, sauté the garlic and onion in oil for 5 minutes.
- Then add the pork, liver, patis, MSG, and salt.
- Then pour in the vinegar and boil without stirring.
- Afterward, pour in the meat stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pig’s blood and sugar and stir occasionally until the mixture thickens.
- Put the oregano and green chili then let it simmer again for 5 minutes.
In this recipe:
[lasso ref=”datu-puti-patis-regular-fish-sauce” id=”7149″ link_id=”63375″]
[lasso ref=”seranno-peppers-long-green-chili” id=”8708″ link_id=”63376″]
[lasso ref=”simply-organic-oregano-leaves” id=”9837″ link_id=”63377″]
Support our site by sharing this post to friends. Have a nice day! Happy Cooking!
More things to make with pork liver? Check out this La Paz Batchoy Recipe: Filipino Pork liver & heart soup