It comes in different sizes, shapes, and colors such as white, red, and yellow with round or elongated roots.
Atsarang Labanos is a condiment with a sweet-sour taste that really boosts the flavor of the food which also compliments well with grilled meat, seafood, or fried fish recipes.
This dish is very simple and uncomplicated to prepare using the basic pickling ingredients.
In this post we'll cover:
Atsarang Labanos Recipe Preparation
Peeled Radish is thinly sliced and mixed with chopped onions, vinegar, fresh tomatoes, and a little salt or fish sauce.
It is commonly eaten as a side dish and called “Ensalada” like “Ensaladang Talong” which means “salad” from the Spanish word.
Well, this is a delicious dish loaded with texture, depth and color you won’t necessarily expect to come out from just mixing a few common vegetable ingredients.
Atsarang Labanos Recipe (Pickled Radish)
- 1 medium Daikon Radish thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tomato sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, place the sliced Daikon Radish
- Add salt.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes to remove the liquid out of the Daikon Radish.
- Grab a handful of sliced Daikon Radish and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Add a small amount of water to wash out the salt from the Radish.
- Again, squeeze the water out to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Mix the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Pour this mixture onto the Radish.
- Mix in the tomato wedges just before serving.
For this recipe you can use daikon radishes:
[lasso ref=”produce-aisle-organic-daikon-radishes” id=”9206″ link_id=”62834″]
A variety of Radish is now widely distributed around the world and believed to have been domesticated in Europe during the pre-Roman times but almost no archeological evidence is available to regulate their history.
The large white radish or “daikon” is commonly found in East Asia and called Chinese radish or Japanese radish. In India and Sri Lanka, it is known as “mooli”.
Radish has many nutrients such as Folic and Ascorbic Acid, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, and Riboflavin.
It acts as a powerful detoxifier too, it helps to eliminate toxins and waste and purifies the blood.
This root crop also facilitates digestion, water retention, and fixes constipation because of its composition of indigestible carbohydrates.
It helps a lot for the production of urine, juice from it cures inflammation and the burning feeling during urination.