Ginataang Salmon recipe is a very simple dish which is cooked with
It is not a very complex dish which proves its accessibility to people who are very good in cooking and for the beginners as well.
This is not a very brothy dish but is very enjoyable if one wants a different spin in cooking Salmon.
There are already ready-made
In this post we'll cover:
Ginataang Salmon Recipe Preparation
In turning the shaved coconut husk to
Make sure that there is a container below the strainer to catch the resulting
Finally, you add the
There are different versions of this dish depending on where in the Philippines the dish is cooked.
Bicolanos will prefer it with red chilis to make it extra hot, and some would ditch the eggplants. To adjust the consistency, you can also add water to make it brothy.
Ginataang Salmon Filipino style
- 1½ lbs salmon (steak cut)
- 2 cups coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 pcs long green chili
- 3 pcs red Thai chili
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- ¼ cup cane vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- Arrange the salmon slices flat in a pan.
- Put-in the red and green chilies, garlic, ginger, onion, ground black pepper, fish sauce, and water.
- Turn-on the heat and let boil.
- Pour-in the vinegar. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream. Gently stir. cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the liquid reduces to half.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can make this dish with these great ingredients:
[lasso ref=”mowi-fresh-atlantic-steak-cut-salmon-skin-on-responsibly-farm-raised” id=”8861″ link_id=”62480″]
[lasso ref=”seranno-peppers-long-green-chili” id=”8708″ link_id=”62481″]
[lasso ref=”thai-chili-ground-birds-eye-chili-perfect-for-thai-filipino-dishes” id=”8666″ link_id=”62482″]
[lasso ref=”datu-puti-patis-regular-fish-sauce” id=”7149″ link_id=”62483″]
This Ginataang Salmon recipe/dish is partnered with rice and as a recommendation, could be eaten with “Atsara” just to balance the oiliness of the