This Special Pancit Canton Recipe is a massive popular pancit in the Philippines and has always been an island family favorite, usually prepared for family gatherings, parties, pot-luck and almost served at any particular event.
Have you ever tried to cook any kind of pancit or special pancit canton? If not, don’t worry.
I exist for people like you who need to learn just how to cook Filipino food and other dishes correctly. You will be all right so long as you follow each and every measure.
In this post we'll cover:
Read Below and Unlock Our Special Pancit Canton Recipe
Special pancit canton recipe
- ½ head cabbage chopped
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 cup onions
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 500 g pancit canton noodles alternatively, you can use flour sticks
- 1 tsp pepper grounded
- 2 cups pork cooked; sliced into tidbits
- 1 tbsp salt
- 8 pcs shrimps cooked; shelled
- 1½ cups snow peas
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- In a pan set over medium heat, pour in cooking oil.
- Sauté garlic and onion until onion is clear and garlic is slightly brown.
- Place pork and cook for about five minutes or until slightly brown.
- Add a dash of oyster sauce.
- Pour in chicken stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or so.
- While simmering, blanch vegetables in a separate pan.
- Back to the pan with stock and meat, add shrimp.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Add in pancit canton noodles.
- Wait until the noodles have absorbed the stock.
- Add blanched vegetables from the other pan.
- Serve on a platter with calamansi and/or additional soy sauce.
- Enjoy and share your Philippine pancit canton!
The precise canton noodles you can use are these:
[lasso ref=”excellent-pancit-canton-noodles” id=”9089″ link_id=”62724″]
[lasso ref=”asamurasaki-oyster-soy-sauce” id=”4771″ link_id=”62725″]
Watch this Video on How to Cook Pancit Canton:
Also read: Pancit Lomi Recipe (Lomi Batangas)