Whenever you visit a Japanese yakitori restaurant, there is a possibility that you will be served a skewered chicken, cooked over a special charcoal yakitori grill.
Generally, yakitori grills are long, with a narrow width, which enough grilling space to accommodate all the skewers. The narrow width allows a part of the skewers to suspend on one side of the grill to allow the chef to rotate the meat as needed.
Yakitori chefs use sweet soy sauce or basic seasonings like pepper and salt to flavor the chicken. However, your choice won’t be with the flavor used, but the part of the chicken that you want to be grilled on the skewers. Yakitori grilling uses different parts of a chicken, and this includes skin, thighs, wings, and liver.
Check out this video from Iccocook on Youtube on making Yakitori at home:
Therefore, if you are searching for an indoor tabletop yakitori grill, then you understand how delicious the yakitori is, and the reason why it is very popular in Japan.
The advancement in technology has made it possible to have tabletop yakitori grill options, which can allow you to enjoy this Japanese delicacy from the comfort of your home without having to visit Japan.
My favorite is this somewhat more traditional looking Livart Electric tabletop grill here on Amazon to use for my indoor Yakitori. It’s amazingly affordable and still has retained that look with grates.
I’ll also show you some other options for tabletop grilling your Yakitori below.
Most of these tabletop yakitori grills are not costly and are portable, which means you can move them around your home. In addition, they can be an amazing addition to your existing traditional grill since they won’t consume most of your space.
And if you want to learn more on charcoal Yakitori grills (for outside) be sure to read my post over here where you can find the best ones.
The best tabletop yakitori grills
Livart Orange BBQ Deluxe Electric Barbecue Grill
The Livart Orange BBQ Deluxe Electric Barbecue Grill is an interesting and amazing yakitori grill option. This grill features an adjustable grill height, a bottom tray to catch drippings, as well as a stainless steel grilling surface, which is removable for easy cleaning. Its stainless steel coating makes cleaning the grill very easy, and you just need to use a wet sponge to wipe it.
One interesting thing why many people love the Livart Orange BBQ Deluxe Electric Barbecue Grill is that it doesn’t produce downward heat or smoke, and this makes it the ideal grill for indoor grilling. This grill is perfect for grilling yakitori, as well as other types of meals.
- Perfect for yakitori grilling – this is the ideal grill for cooking delectable skewers, as well as tomatoes, vegetables, and fruits next to these skewers.
- Easy to use – this grill is simple to use, as no assembly is needed, and has an only one-touch operation.
- Easy to clean – this grill features an adjustable stainless steel grilling surface, as well as a removable drip tray for catching excess oil and fat, and these two features make cleaning the grill effortless.
- The grill utilizes the flame grilling method – this means that the smoke greatly improves the taste of your meat, and the heat separates the fat oil from the meat as you grill. There are different dishes that you can grill using this Livart Orange BBQ Deluxe Electric Barbecue Grill.
- Removable stainless steel grilling surface – the stainless steel grilling surface is easily removable, which makes cleaning easier.
- This grill also features a bottom drip tray, which collects all fat, oil, and grease that is produced as you cook.
- Power output – 1450W
Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
Zojirushi is a company famous for its excellent and quality products, and the Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill is not an exception. Although this indoor tabletop yakitori grill is a bit costly, it’s the best yakitori grill you can find out there and will give you a good value for your money.
The Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill is made of high-quality materials, which makes it look aesthetically pleasing, well built, and very stern. This grill is ideal for Japanese BBQ parties since its big non-stick grilling surface can allow you to grill for at least 4 people at once.
Another interesting thing about this grill is its 1300W heating element, which gives you easier temperature control, which ranges between 170 – 410 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperatures are ideal for yakitori grilling since it doesn’t need extremely hot temperatures.
The grilling surface and drip tray are detachable, which makes cleaning easier. One interesting thing about this grill is its amazing safety feature, which makes the grill not to turn on when you forget to put the drip tray back in place or fix the grilling surface correctly. This is a high-end product, made out of quality materials, and it’s easy and safe to use, and clean.
- This is the perfect grill for grilling chicken, burgers, vegetables, and fish indoors.
- Its non-stick grill surface measures 12.5 “ x 9.025”
- Comes with adjustable temperature control, housing, and cool-touch handles
- Can disassemble easily, which makes cleaning the grill easier
- The drip tray is dishwasher safe
You can get this Zojirushi tabletop grill here on Amazon
Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
The Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill is an innovative yakitori grill, which uses infrared technology for heating rather than heating element—impressive, isn’t it? This technology is paired with specialized reflectors, which distribute heat evenly to the cooking surface, and can reach temperatures of up to 465 degrees Fahrenheit.
This grill comes with a non-stick surface, which means you can easily clean it using wet towels, or just put it into your dishwasher. One exciting thing about the infrared heating technology in this grill is that it has been designed not to heat the drip tray at the grill’s bottom, which means you won’t need water to cool these drippings.
The Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill is a high-quality product, which can be used on a table top, and you can use it for grilling yakitori at your home.
- This grill uses groundbreaking infrared technology, together with specialized reflectors to distribute the heat on the grill for even grilling. Its grip tray, which is below the grilling surface remains cool, which means you won’t have any smoke when you grill. There is no need to control the temperature—the Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ
- The grill heats up very fast and will give you the temperature you need to grill your meat, giving you an end product that is tender and juicy on its inside.
- Another interesting thing is that the grill heats up within 6 minutes, which means you will start grilling in no time.
- Comes with a non-stick grilling surface, which makes cleaning much easier. The grilling surface is also dishwasher safe.
- Power output – 1600W
- The product also comes with a ceramic scraper, which makes it easier to clean the grill’s interior reflectors.
Smart & Healthy XL Indoor Electric Grill EGL
The Smart & Healthy XL Indoor Electric Grill EGL is another amazing indoor electric yakitori grill. This grill comes in two color options—black and red, as well as two sizes—12” x 6” rectangle grill and a smaller 14” round grill.
If you want to host a yakitori party for your family and friends, the rectangle grill is the way to go. However, if you want a grill for your family needs, you can opt for the round grill. Moreover, the round, Smart & Healthy XL Indoor Electric Grill EGL is a bit cheaper and will give you a good value for your money.
This grill features a non-stick surface, which makes cleaning easier, and unlike most of the other electric yakitori grills, the grills come with a lid—just in case you need one. The drip trays for these two grills are dishwasher-safe, which makes cleaning the grills easier.
If you buy the rectangle grill, you can use a dishwasher to clean it—once you detach the heating element. This grill comes with a thermostat handle, which allows you to control the grill’s temperature from 200 – 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Perfect for indoor use – this grill will allow you to enjoy the fun of outdoor grilling from the comfort of your home. With this grill, you will not have to worry about rain, dust, or extreme weather conditions, since you can avoid them as you grill indoors.
- Saves you valuable time – the Smart & Healthy XL Indoor Electric Grill EGL allows you to grill all your favorite meals at once. This means the large 12” x 16” grilling surface makes it possible to grill all the family food at once. Its non-stick grilling surface makes grilling more enjoyable since won’t have to deal with burnt food again.
- The Smart & Healthy XL Indoor Electric Grill EGL features a detachable thermostat, which allows you to control the grill’s temperature.
- Easy to use – one notable thing about the Smart & Healthy XL Indoor Electric Grill EGL is that it comes equipped with an M-shaped heating element, which allows the grill to heat up quickly and evenly, and this allows you to cook your foods to perfection. The grill has a non-stick, built-in spatter shield, as well as cool-touch handles and base, which prevent you from those nasty burns.
- Easy to clean – cleaning a grill can be extremely a tiring and frustrating job—however, that’s not the case with the Smart & Healthy XL Indoor Electric Grill EGL. The grill comes with detachable parts, which makes it easier to clean the grill after use.
- The grill comes with a one-year warranty.
It’s amazingly affordable here on Amazon
Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill
This is another interesting option for Japanese yakitori grilling. The Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill comes equipped with a large 13.5” x 9” grilling surface, which has three heat zones for grilling different products, as well as heating preferences.
The grill’s left size has low heat settings, where you can grill your shrimp, fish, and veggies. The middle has high heat setting, which makes it ideal for steak, pork chops, and chicken, while the grill’s right side has medium heat setting, thus making it ideal for hot dogs, kabobs, and burgers. However, you should use the grill’s medium heat zone for yakitori grilling, since it requires medium heat temperatures
One interesting thing about the Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill is its adjustable temperature control-setting knob, which makes it possible for one to grill at different temperatures. Since this grill is smokeless, it is an amazing option for indoor yakitori grilling. The grill has a drip tray below the grilling surface, and you will need to fill it with water in order to cool the drippings.
The Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill will not give you a lot of work when it comes to cleaning it since it has a non-stick grilling surface, which is dishwasher safe, as well as its drip tray. Another fantastic feature about the grill is its overheat auto shut-off, cool touch handles, as well as a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty. This is an amazing grill that can be put into other different uses other than yakitori grilling. It will give you good value for your money.
- Produces less smoke – the Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill produces less smoke, unlike other traditional indoor yakitori grills. This means you can enjoy grilling inside your house whenever the weather becomes unbearable. However, you must ensure that you fill the drip tray with water in order to enjoy smoke-free indoor grilling. Filling the tray with water is essential as it cools the grease that drips on it, thus preventing it from smoking or sticking to the tray.
- Different heat zones – this grill has different temperatures, which vary depending on the heat zone. This means you can grill everything and anything you like on the Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill. Its large cooking surface allows you to cook different foods at once. Its temperature control knob has warm to sear settings, which will enable you to cook different foods, like grilled chicken, steak, fish, burgers, veggies, and many more.
- Easy to clean – the Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill features a non-stick grilling surface, which allows you to slide foods from the grill into your plate easily. Both the grill’s drip tray and non-stick grilling surface can be detached easily, and are dishwasher safe, which means you won’t spend most of your valuable time cleaning the grill.
- Safety features – one exciting and notable feature about this grill is the auto shut-off protection, which offers extra security so that you can grill without any worry. In addition, the grill has cool-touch handles, and it doesn’t produce dangerous fumes.
- Power consumption – 120V
- Power output – 1120W
- This grill comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
Today, yakitori has become a very popular dish in the west, and owning one of the above yakitori grills will give you a fantastic grilling experience. From grilling veggies to chicken, there are various types of kabobs that you create and grill, so long as you have the right type of yakitori grill.
Buying the correct yakitori grill can also help you to grill other meals, other than yakitori, will be a good way to bring your family together.
Although we have a lot of yakitori grill options to the market, any of the above tabletop indoor grills will give you memorable grilling experience in every grilling session.