Alimasag (crab) is already tasty in itself; add it to
However, blood pressure levels aside, Ginataang Alimasag recipe is always a tasty treat no matter when it is served. Usually, though, it makes its appearance as a viand in Filipinos’ tables.
Another mainstay of this recipe is malunggay (moringa) leaves which can be accessed either in your backyard or can be bought from the market.
Considered by many and backed up by research as a vegetable that is rich in nutrients, malunggay is rather humble in its taste, as it usually takes in the flavor of the dish where it is included.
However, one cannot deny that it is a healthy addition to this rather decadent recipe.
In this post we'll cover:
Ginataang Alimasag Recipe Preparation Tip
As with the other ginataan recipes, this dish’s preparation will take a significant amount of time if you will be the one to squeeze the
However, with the presence of the instant ginataan mix sold in supermarkets, this should not be the case.
In case you want to enjoy it au naturel though, using
Cooking and following the ginataang Alimasag with the Malunggay recipe is a different story, however, since you just let the
Finally, since you have a
Ginataang Alimasag crabs with coconut milk
- 2 pcs Live Alimasag (Crabs) washed and cut into halves crosswise
- ½ pcs Kalabasa (squash) peeled and sliced into cubes
- 1 can gata (coconut milk)
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive or cooking oil
- 5 chili peppers
- may add sitaw (string beans) too
- Heat pan and pour olive or cooking oil.
- Sauté onion for a minute then follow garlic.
- Add patis (fish sauce) and gata (coconut milk). Bring to a boil.
- Pour-in ground black pepper, and then cook for 10 minutes in medium heat until the liquid reduces.
- Put-in the crabs and stir. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the squash (kalabasa) and chili peppers. Cook until the squash becomes a little tender.
- May add sitaw (string beans) too at this point.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with rice.
Note: In this Ginataang Alimasag Recipe, You can add some vegetables that are not included in the list including