Ginataang Tilapia is a tasty variation of the Filipino dish called Ginataan, which can be made will all sorts of ingredients that are cooked in
This dish’s main ingredient, Tilapia, is a freshwater fish that’s especially delicious when fried or turned into soup.
In the form of Ginataang Tilapia though, you can have some fried fish with some delicious, creamy,
The ingredients that you need in order to cook delicious Ginataang Tilapia, are the Tilapia, cooking oil, garlic, onions, salt and pepper,
When you’ve gathered the ingredients, you can start cooking this delicious dish.
In this post we'll cover:
How to Cook Ginataang Tilapia (Easy to Follow Tip)
- The first part of cooking Ginataang Tilapia is cooking the Tilapia.
- Put cooking oil in a pan and heat it to a high temperature to prevent the Tilapia from sticking on the pan.
- Flip each side to give the Tilapia an even cook.
- When adding more than one Tilapia, wait for at least ten seconds to add another, to help keep the heat of the pan.
- The next step is, while you’re cooking the Tilapia, the next step in making Ginataang Tilapia is to sauté the garlic with the Tilapia until it turns to a golden brown color, though make sure that the while sautéing the garlic, that the Tilapia won’t burn.
- Afterward, once the garlic has been sautéed, you then add chopped onions and sauté them with the garlic and the frying tilapia.
- Once the garlic and onions have been sautéed, and the Tilapia cooked, you then have to add the
coconut milk(ginataan). Simmer the ingredients of the Ginataang Tilapia until the coconut milkbecomes thick. Once thick, you can serve it on a plate, eat it with rice and enjoy a great meal!
- Simmer the ingredients of the Ginataang Tilapia until the
coconut milkbecomes thick. Once thick, you can serve it on a plate, eat it with rice , and enjoy a great meal!
The Complete Ginataang Tilapia Recipe
Ginataang tilapia recipe
- 2 medium Tilapia
- 1 cup Gata (Unang piga) / Coconut cream first extraction
- 1 cup gata (pangalawang piga) / Coconut cream second extraction
- 1 small Ginger root chopped
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 2 pcs Siling Haba / Green chili pepper
- 2 pcs Siling Labuyo / Red chili pepper chopped
- 1 bunch Mustasa / Mustard greens sliced in half
- Salt and Pepper
- Put the second extraction of coconut cream in a pan over medium heat.
- When the coconut cream starts to boil, add the ginger and onion and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tilapia and let simmer until the fish is cooked.
- Add the mustard greens and the coconut cream first extraction then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and the chili peppers.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
In this recipe:
[lasso ref=”produce-aisle-organic-mustard-leaves” id=”8723″ link_id=”62939″]
[lasso ref=”seranno-peppers-long-green-chili” id=”8708″ link_id=”62940″]
[lasso ref=”thai-chili-ground-birds-eye-chili-perfect-for-thai-filipino-dishes” id=”8666″ link_id=”62941″]
Note: Depending on the Size of the Tilapia, You can cut those Tilapia into 2 or more with the same method of cooking.
You can substitute Pechay with Okra and Eggplant or you can just have a plain Ginataang Tilapia if you want.