Sinanglay na Tilapia Recipe is a fish-based dish coming from the Bicol region and it coming from Bicol region; one can already assume that the recipe will have
With its main ingredients being Tilapia and the
However, the preparation for Sinanglay is miles different.
What distinguishes Sinanglay na Tilapia from other recipes is that before stewing the tilapia into a pot full of
However, once you’re done with stuffing the Tilapia, unlike in other recipes where you can leave it unsewn or uncovered, in sinanglay recipe, you will have to cover up the Tilapia with Gabi or Pechay leaves and tie it up with
In this post we'll cover:
Sinanglay na Tilapia Recipe Preparation Tips
As the only difficult part of this Sinanglay na Tilapia recipe is stuffing and covering the tilapia, everything else is simple as one would only need to drop the Tilapia in the pot and pour in the
Another important ingredient in this recipe is the Lemongrass.
Aside from using it as a tie to tie up the Tilapia, one also needs to drop a lump of
Also, while cooking, make sure that you stir it occasionally so that the
Sinanglay na tilapia recipe
- 3 medium tilapia cleaned and scales removed
- 4 pcs bok choy (or pechay) leaves
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 thumb ginger chopped
- 3 pcs long green chilli (or 1 pc of siling labuyo if you want to make it spicy)
- 1½ cup coconut milk (medium thick)
- 1 tsp salt
- a pinch of Maggi magic sarap to taste
- In a bowl, combine garlic, onion, tomatoes, and ginger then mix.
- Stuff the tilapia with the garlic, onion, and ginger mixture.
- Wrap the pechay around the tilapia. I use 4 pcs. of pechay leaves for each to ensure that the entire fish is wrapped.
- Arranged the wrapped tilapia in a wide cooking pan then pour in coconut milk. Sprinkle salt and Maggi magic sarap, cover, and turn on the heat.
- Cook the fish in medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes.
In this recipe:
[lasso ref=”maggi-magic-sarap-all-in-one-seasoning” id=”7316″ link_id=”63121″]
[lasso ref=”seranno-peppers-long-green-chili” id=”8708″ link_id=”63122″]
[lasso ref=”365-everyday-value-organic-coconut-milk” id=”8667″ link_id=”63123″]
[lasso ref=”produce-aisle-organic-ginger” id=”8711″ link_id=”63124″]
Lastly, though it is recommended for you to have freshly squeezed
You can garnish your Sinanglay na Tilapia with chopped siling labuyo and serve sinanglay hot with steaming white rice.