However, even by itself, the Ginataang
Though, you can also add other ingredients, such as
In this post we'll cover:
Papaya Cooking Tip
To make Ginataang
The ingredients that you need are the unripe
Afterward, you’re all set to start cooking Ginataang
Steps on Cooking Ginataang
- The first step to making Ginataang
Papayais to heat a pan with cooking oil, with low-medium heat.
- After that, sauté the pounded Garlic with the
(bagoong), sauté the garlic with the shrimp paste until the garlic turns to a golden brown color, also make sure to mix the ingredients while sautéing them to prevent the garlic and the shrimp paste from burning. shrimp paste
- Then, once you’re done with this step in making Ginataang
Papaya, add the coconut milk, and then let it simmer for at least five to seven minutes.
- After the five to seven minutes have passed, add the unripe, green
papayaslices with the rest of the ingredients in the pot, and simmer until the unripe papayas are soft enough, but still slightly firm, this would make the papayahave a more appetizing feel to it.
- Once you’re done, you can serve the dish. Eat well!
Ginataang Chicken, coconut, and Papaya recipe
- 2 lbs chicken cut into serving pieces
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ bunch spinach
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger julienned
- 8 ounces green papaya wedged
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- 1 pcs long green chili (optional)
- 4 pcs Thai chili (or siling labuyo if available), chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking pot and pour-in the cooking oil.
- Saut the garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Add the chicken and chef until the color of the outer part turns light brown.
- Pour-in the coconut milk while stirring and bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle some paprika then simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the coconut milk becomes thick.
- Add the long green chili and Thai chili then simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the green papaya then simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Put-in the spinach, salt, and pepper then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat then transfer the cooked chicken to a serving plate
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
You can use these in your recipe:
[lasso ref=”thai-chili-ground-birds-eye-chili-perfect-for-thai-filipino-dishes” id=”8666″ link_id=”62270″]
[lasso ref=”seranno-peppers-long-green-chili” id=”8708″ link_id=”62271″]
[lasso ref=”produce-aisle-golden-papayas” id=”8709″ link_id=”62272″]
[lasso ref=”produce-aisle-organic-ginger” id=”8711″ link_id=”62273″]
Also check out this Ginataang Langka with Daing Recipe