Laing is also known as
The “Gabi” or “
The countryside style of cooking the
While there are fresh
These packets of dried
In this post we'll cover:
Laing Recipe and Preparation Tip
If you happen to purchase fresh Gabi leaves, do not use them immediately. The
Using a stainless steel knife when cutting the
It also changes the flavor into somewhat bitter in taste, so better shred your
This is done so that all the flavors are well blended and incorporated. The
The secret to achieving a thick sauce is to avoid stirring the
If you want a hotter and spicier Laing recipe, chop your red chili peppers finely. If you want it to be less spicy, leave your chili pepper whole.
This Laing recipe can be made in advance and kept frozen for a week. Thaw and reheat before serving.
Ginataang Laing with Shrimps Cooked in Oven
Laing recipe Taro leaves in coconut milk
- 1 pack (100g) Taro leaves or Gabi Leaves
- 6 cups coconut milk (you can use fresh coconut milk as well)
- 2 cups coconut cream
- ½ cup shrimp paste (Bagoong)
- ½ lb pork shoulder thinly sliced
- 7 pcs red chilies
- 1 medium onion sliced
- ½ cup sliced ginger
- 8 cloves garlic crushed
- Mix the Coconut Milk, Pork, Ginger, Shrimp Paste, Onion, and Garlic in a pot.
- Heat the pot and let it boil.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, gently stir to mix the ingredients.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make sure to stir once in a while to prevent the ingredients from sticking at the bottom of the cooking pot.
- Add the dried taro leaves. Do not stir. Let it stay until the leaves absorb the coconut milk. This takes about 20 to 30 minutes. you can gently push the leaves down so that it can absorb more coconut milk.
- Once the leaves absorb the coconut milk, stir the leaves and then continue to cook for to 10 minutes.
- Pour the coconut cream in the cooking pot.
- Add the red chilies. Stir. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes more.
You can use these
[lasso ref=”tropics-dried-taro-leavespinatuyong-dahon-ng-gabi” id=”8971″ link_id=”62610″]
[lasso ref=”barrio-fiesta-ginisang-bagoong-sauteed-shrimp-paste” id=”6875″ link_id=”62611″]
[lasso ref=”thai-kitchen-gluten-free-unsweetened-coconut-cream” id=”8724″ link_id=”62612″]
[lasso ref=”365-everyday-value-organic-coconut-milk” id=”8667″ link_id=”62613″]
Also read: Bagoong Alamang Recipe with Pork