Best copper stockpot | These are the 7 best reviewed!
The primary purpose of a stockpot is to prepare the stock.
But what’s stock exactly? This is a base for sauces and soups.
A good stockpot should heat fast, evenly, and simmer for long periods of time. In addition, it should be large enough to accommodate all your ingredients, and leave some room to spare.
There are numerous uses for stockpots, which include boiling lobsters, as well as simmering soup, stock, or chili. You’ll need a good one to make the best food possible!
If you’re not sure how to use a copper stockpot, then check out this video that does a great job of explaining copper cookware:
In this post we'll cover:
- 1 Features of a good stockpot
- 2 What’s the best size for your stockpot?
- 2.1 1. Ruffoni Symphonia Cupra 8-quart covered stockpot – Copper
- 2.2 2. Lagostina Q5544664 Martellata tri-ply hammered stainless steel copper stewpot
- 2.3 3. Mauviel Made In France M’Heritage Copper 8-quart stockpot with lid, bronze handles
- 2.4 4. Home Marketplace copper ceramic 8 qt stockpot w/glass lid
- 2.5 5. Fleischer & Wolf® Seville tri-ply 8 qt. stockpot in copper
- 2.6 6. Ruffoni Historia copper artichoke-handle stockpots
- 2.7 7. All-Clad C4 copper stockpot
- 3 How to use your copper stockpot
- 4 How to care for your stockpot
- 5 Enjoy cooking with a copper stockpot
Features of a good stockpot
- A ventilated lid— Since you’ll be using your copper stockpot to boil different ingredients, it’s advisable to choose a copper stockpot with a ventilated lid. This will prevent your ingredients from pouring over your stovetop.
- Strong handles – Most copper stockpots have riveted handles. Avoid buying a stockpot where the handles have just been pressed and stuck on. Always remember that you’ll be carrying the heavy stockpot with hot liquid.
- The lids can either be made of tempered glass or copper. A glass lid allows you to monitor the progress of the stock. If you want to use the stockpot in an oven, make sure that the stockpot is oven-safe, as well as the lid.
- A stockpot with a curved bottom is recommendable since it’s less likely for small bits to stick while cooking.
What’s the best size for your stockpot?
- A 4 or 6-quart stockpot is ideal for preparing soup.
- An 8-quart stockpot is suitable for poaching chicken. But you can’t use it to prepare large quantities of stock.
- A 12-quart stockpot is ideal for anyone who wants to prepare stock at home or boil occasional lobsters.
When shopping for a stockpot, you’ll notice that they come in different shapes, and most of them are tall. Tall stockpots with a narrower surface are better since they allow less water to evaporate from the stock. In addition to the shape, the material that makes the copper stockpot is important since it greatly determines the quality of your results.
In this post, I’ll highlight the 7 best copper stockpots that you can use in your kitchen!
Read more: the best copper skillets reviewed
1. Ruffoni Symphonia Cupra 8-quart covered stockpot – Copper
The Ruffoni Symphonia Cupra 8-quart covered stockpot is considered to be the ultimate gourmet cookware. This amazing stockpot combines the long-lasting Italian legacy of copper craftsmanship with culinary performance. Getting one of these hand-hammered, sumptuous copper stockpots will improve the aesthetics of any home, while still offering gourmet excellence!
This covered copper stockpot is the perfect kitchenware that you can use to prepare and serve delicious meals, like a shrimp cioppino, delectable lobster, or succulent coconut soup and red curry.
One amazing thing about this stockpot is that it provides amazing performance, as its material has remarkable heat conduction. Moreover, its bonded stainless steel interior makes cleaning the pot an easy task once you finish cooking.
The Ruffoni Symphonia Cupra 8-quart covered stockpot will be an amazing addition to your cookware collection!
- With a jewel-like design, this artisanal and hand-hammered copper stockpot will enhance your home aesthetics and style, as well as deliver an amazing culinary experience.
- Its hand-crafted and copper-wired aluminum core will give you amazing heat conduction.
- A bonded stainless steel interior for effortless care and durability.
- Oven-safe — can withstand temperatures of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It’s specifically designed for tabletop service.
- Comes with a stainless steel lid and handles, which feature copper accents.
- A lifetime warranty.
2. Lagostina Q5544664 Martellata tri-ply hammered stainless steel copper stewpot
This amazing stockpot has been inspired by the amazing generations of Italian cooking. Its design allows anything from oven to table serving, and this polished-hammered copper stockpot has an amazing appearance inside the kitchen. It’ll definitely make a statement on your serving table!
Its try-ply stainless steel design with copper ensures even and fast heat distribution in the entire pan.
Its high-grade stainless steel material will maintain the purity of your flavors, even when you’re preparing an acidic tomato sauce. Other notable things like the polished-stainless steel cast and lid and riveted handles give this pan an exciting design, which is built to withstand years of mouthwatering and memorable meals.
You can use this stockpot to prepare stews, stock, and pasta. You should have one of these in your kitchen!
- Giada de Laurentis-inspired copper stockpot.
- A high-quality stainless steel interior accompanied by a thick, heat-radiating aluminum core, which ensures efficient and maximum heat distribution.
- Magnificent hammered-copper exterior, which provides maximum heat control and retention.
- Its comfortable stay-cool handles are designed for stability and strength, as well as a lifetime of use.
- This stockpot is dishwasher-safe and oven-safe, as it can withstand temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lifetime warranty.
3. Mauviel Made In France M’Heritage Copper 8-quart stockpot with lid, bronze handles
Mauviel is a French family-owned business that was started in 1830. This company is the world’s leading producer of professional copper cookware.
Mauviel copper cookware brands are highly regarded by many professional chefs.
The M’Heritage copper M150B 8-quart stockpot with lid, bronze handles by Mauviel is an amazing copper stockpot that you should have in your cookware collection. This copper stockpot is made out of high-grade copper material, which has the ability to distribute heat evenly and fast.
- This 8-quart stockpot is ideal for preparing pasta sauces, stock, and soups, as well as other recipes.
- Its stainless steel interior and extra-thick 2.55mm copper exterior are suitable for even and fast heat distribution.
- Its well-fitting stainless steel and copper lid seals in nutrients, flavors, and moisture inside the stockpot.
- The stockpot comes with a pair of durable bronze handles that are fixed to the pot with stainless steel rivets.
- Not dishwasher-friendly.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
4. Home Marketplace copper ceramic 8 qt stockpot w/glass lid
The Home Marketplace copper ceramic 8 qt stockpot w/glass lid connects a copper-infused nonstick ceramic interior with a durable stainless steel core, which offers superior heating, consistent results, and easy and quick cleanup.
One notable thing about this stockpot is that it offers even and fast heat distribution on different cooktops, including induction and electric cooktops, which makes this stockpot ideal for simmering stews, soups, and chili, as well as boiling pasta.
The Home Marketplace copper ceramic 8 qt stock pot w/glass lid comes with a tempered glass lid that has a stainless steel handle. Its non-stick interior allows you to cook with less butter or oil, and you can clean this stockpot using a dishwasher.
- This 8-quart stockpot allows even and fast heat distribution on different cooktops, including induction cookers.
- Comes with a tempered glass lid.
- It has a non-stick interior, which makes cleaning easy.
5. Fleischer & Wolf® Seville tri-ply 8 qt. stockpot in copper
The Fleischer & Wolf® Seville tri-ply 8 qt. stockpot in copper is amazing kitchenware, with an amazing hammered exterior. This copper stockpot can be used in different kitchen settings, from homes to restaurants. The stockpot has high-quality tri-ply aluminum and stainless steel layer designs, which provide even and fast heat distribution.
- A tri-ply design of stainless steel and aluminum for durability and maximum heat conduction.
- An easy-to-clean stainless steel interior, which doesn’t react with your food.
- Its hammered exterior gives this pot an amazing appearance on any cooktop.
- Its well-fitting lid seals moisture and heat inside the stockpot, which preserves the natural flavors of your food.
- Double-riveted stainless steel handles.
6. Ruffoni Historia copper artichoke-handle stockpots
The Ruffoni Historia copper artichoke-handle stockpots are hand-hammered in a family-owned workshop located in the Italian Alps. The amazing stockpot is designed from a single copper sheet and then lined with tin. Its material is highly sensitive to heat, and it has a lid and handles decorated with sculptural artichokes together with their graceful leaves.
- The Ruffoni Historia copper artichoke-handle stockpot is designed out of a hand-hammered copper material, which gives it optimal heat conductivity.
- It has a tin-lined interior, which is durable and non-reactive to your food.
- It has riveted brass handles and lid, which seal in the moisture, flavors, and heat inside the pot.
- A product of Italy.
Read more on specific copper baking pans here
7. All-Clad C4 copper stockpot
The All-Clad C4 copper stockpot with lid is ideal for simmering stock, chili, soup, and more. This large stockpot can hold large batches, and the straight and high sides of the stockpot assist in keeping the ingredients well submerged in the pot.
The All-Clad C4 copper stockpot has been designed with the chef in mind, as it has alternating layers of copper and stainless steel, which allow precise heating and maximum surface recovery, as well as consistent and even results.
One interesting feature of this stockpot is its 4-ply design, which stretches all the way to its rim. It includes a stainless steel interior surface, as well as 2 copper layers, which allow rapid heat responsiveness and conductivity.
In addition to this, this copper stockpot comes with flared edges, which offer free-drip pouring, as well as riveted stainless steel handles. This amazing copper stockpot is durable, has an amazing appearance, and will help with ultimate culinary performance!
- This copper stockpot has 4-ply bonded layers of stainless steel and copper, which allows you to enjoy absolute precision, as well as even and consistent results.
- It’s made out of 4 alternating layers of copper (100% pure) and durable stainless steel.
- Its stainless steel cooking surface allows searing and will also maintain the flavor of your stock.
- Its 1mm gauge copper gives you amazing heat responsiveness and conductivity.
- Enjoy drip-free pouring from its flared edges.
- Its contoured and riveted handle will provide you with a firm and secure grip when carrying the pot.
- Broiler and oven-safe, as it can withstand heat of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to use your copper stockpot
- Most copper stockpots are ideal for electric and gas cooktops. However, most of them aren’t designed for induction cooktops.
- They’re oven-safe, which means you can use them in an oven.
- Avoid heating your copper stockpot when it’s empty or at temperatures above 450 degrees Fahrenheit since this can damage the tin or stainless steel lining.
- Always use plastic, wood, or heat-resistant tools when stirring to avoid scratching the interior of the stockpot.
How to care for your stockpot
- Always let your stockpot cool down before washing it.
- Once it’s cooled down, give it an immediate hand wash with a soft cloth.
- You should never use steel scouring pads, steel wool, or harsh detergents to clean your stockpot.
- Copper tends to develop a patina over time. However, this doesn’t affect the stockpot’s cooking performance. You can use a mixture of salt and lemon or copper polish to give the exterior an amazing and new look.
- Some copper stockpots have a tin lining that prevents food from reacting with the copper, and this lining can become discolored with time. You might need to replace this lining, but this will depend on the type of foods that you cook or how you use the stockpot. However, you can prolong the lifetime of the tin lining by avoiding cooking acidic foods in your stockpot if it has a tin lining.
- Although some stockpots are marked as dishwasher-safe, handwashing is recommended, as it’ll lengthen the lifespan of the stockpot.
Enjoy cooking with a copper stockpot
There you go! These are some of the best copper stockpots that you can use in your kitchen. These stockpots will give you amazing results, as well as add some beauty to your kitchen.
Joost Nusselder, the founder of Bite My Bun is a content marketer, dad and loves trying out new food with Japanese food at the heart of his passion, and together with his team he's been creating in-depth blog articles since 2016 to help loyal readers with recipes and cooking tips.