Instant ramen is a real treat that is pretty easy to make, even without its accompanying flavor packet. There are many ways that can help you make the most perfect bowl for yourself and your loved ones.
Here are a few ideas to help you make the bowl of instant ramen best suited to your tastes.
Excited? Let’s chow!
In this post we'll cover:
How to make ramen without the seasoning packet
Instant ramen without the packet and less sodium
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Sliced ginger julienne (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 17 oz Water
- 1 package instant ramen noodles
- Bring the water to a rolling boil. While waiting for it to boil, prepare the ginger and the spring onion by slicing them carefully. Make sure to set aside the green part of the spring onion for garnishing.
- Add the ginger and the white part of the spring onion to the boiling water. After a minute, add the ramen noodles in the pan.
- Give the noodles a few minutes to soften.
- When the noodles start breaking away from each other, add the salt, sesame oil, and the soy sauce.
- Allow the ingredients to simmer for 4-6 minutes, then take off from the heat.
- Garnish the noodles with the green spring onion, and serve while hot.
As you can see, if you are fond of light, and clean tastes, this is an excellent way to make instant ramen without the packet.
Instant Ramen With Stir-Fried Veggies
Give your instant ramen a major transformation, even while not using the flavor packet that comes with it. By stir frying some vegetables in your fridge, you can seriously vamp up the flavor profile of your bowl of instant ramen.
List Of Ingredients To Use
- 1 teaspoon corn flour/ starch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-3 drops of sesame oil
- 1 scallion (for garnish)
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 1 packet of ramen noodles (and 400ml water for boiling)
For the stir fry:
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- Half a carrot
- 2-3 mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, corn flour, sugar, and water completely. Make sure that there are no lumps in the resulting sauce.
- Boil the ramen noodles as per the instructions on the packet, and then set aside.
- Heat up the oil in a wok, and stir fry garlic keeping the heat high, for about 20 seconds, until the garlic turns light golden.
- Add the prepared mushrooms and carrots, stir frying for half a minute, then add the cabbage. Stir fry for a minute, and then add the sauce made in the previous steps.
- Mix the sauce and the vegetables well, and then add the bean sprouts.
- Place the ramen noodles in a bowl, and add the stir fry sauce and vegetables to it. Garnish with sliced scallions to jazz up the experience!
Remember, when it comes to instant ramen noodles, just have fun!
And if you want to make this a bit more diet-friendly, check out how to make a keto stir fry sauce from scratch here
For those who wonder how do you make instant ramen without the packet, the answer isn’t as complicated as you may think. Instant ramen gives room for experimentation, and allows you to explore what you like and what you don’t.
In order to make the perfect bowl of ramen, you just need to look inside yourself and explore the tastes you like so that you find the ideal flavor profile for your taste buds.
Hope this helps!
Every month new cooking tips in your email?
Japanese recipes, cooking tips and more with the first email our FREE mini-recipe guide "Japanese with ease"