Now, you can easily bring the Japanese Cuisine style to your home using the Teppanayaki grill.
The grill is used in different parts of the world by chefs and domestic cooks.
One interesting thing about the Teppanyaki grill is that it has a larger cooking surface, which allows you to cook several things at the same time.
In fact, this is one of the best grills for people who prefer cooking several meals at the same time.
Because of the special surface, you could find yourself asking, what is the ideal temperature?
As the grill heats up, its center sinks, and this allows it to hold oil, sauce, and everything you want to cook.
The center of the Teppanyaki grill can reach 430 degrees Fahrenheit, and this is the ideal temperature to cook meat fast.
In this post we'll cover:
- 1 What’s The Ideal Temperature For A Teppanyaki Grill?
- 2 How Long Does It Take Your Teppanyaki Grill To Warm Up?
- 3 Reasons Why You Need A Teppanyaki Grill
- 4 Conclusion
What’s The Ideal Temperature For A Teppanyaki Grill?
- For preparing the grill, you need to heat the griddle to 150° Celsius, that’s around 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Then you have to rub 30 ml of vegetable oil per foot of the griddle space using a soft cloth. This helps in sealing the surface, and making the grill non-stick.
- After applying the oil, you can gradually increase the heat to around 220 degrees Celsius (430 degrees Fahrenheit) for meat or 200 degrees Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit) for vegetables.
Ensure that you wipe away the extra oil, and repeat the process until the surface looks shiny.
In addition, ensure that you preheat the grill 10 minutes before you start cooking.
Also, cut up your food before you start cooking, but don’t do it directly on the grill’s cooking surface.
Check out our post of essential teppanyaki tools as well
How Long Does It Take Your Teppanyaki Grill To Warm Up?
For the grill to reach its base warm-up temperature, you need to set its switch to number 5, and this will only take the grill five minutes to warm up.
Please not that: always ensure that you warm-up your Teppanyaki grill before you set its ideal cooking temperature.
How long does it take the grill to reach the ideal cooking temperature after warming it up?
This depend on the cooking temperature you have set on its 1 – 10 dial.
But, the higher the cooking temperature, the longer the time, which should be around 2 – 3 minutes after you have warmed up the grill.
Can You Cook Big Steaks On Teppanyaki Grill?
Absolutely. You only need to follow the set rules for cooking steaks on the grill.
- Remove your steaks from the fridge at least 30 minutes before you start cooking. Use cracked pepper and sea salt to season the steaks to taste.
- Now, rub your steaks with oil.
- Next, set the grill’s cooking temperature to either 9 or 10.
- Once you have reached the ideal cooking temperature, which depends on the thickness, grill the meat for about 2 – 3 minutes on every side.
- Reduce the cooking temperature to 7, and then cook for about 3 – 5 minutes to the desired tenderness.
- Allow the cooked steaks to rest on the grill’s warming area before serving.
What temperature do I need to have for Vegetables?
- Pre-heat the grill over medium-high heat, to a temperature of around 200 degrees Celsius.
- Coat the grill with some oil, and then place the garlic on the grill to cook as well as to add some flavor to the oil.
- However, you should be extra careful not to burn the garlic—remove it when it turns brown. Keep it well as you will need it later.
- Now, add mushroom and onion, and add some salt. Allow them to cook for some minutes until soft.
- Next, add pepper and let it cook until it becomes tender and crisp.
- Lastly, add scallions, and let them to soften.
- Add some oil, which is needed to ensure that the vegetables are moist.
- Now, when the vegetables are fully cooked, add some pepper and salt to taste.
Remove to serve and add the browned garlic for some flavor.
How about my favorite dish Bacon and eggs?
For bacon and eggs, you need to set the temperature on your Teppanyaki grill to 8.
However, you need to have preheated the grill to 5, which is the ideal temperature for cooking eggs and bacon without burning them.
You should start with the bacon, and let it sizzle for some time. Let one side cook for around 10 minutes, and then flip it to allow the other side to cook.
Once you realize that the sizzling is decreasing, and you start smelling the bacon, it means that it is well cooked. Now you can add the eggs.
Before adding the eggs, ensure that you have removed the excess fat from the bacon.
However, you should leave some fat on the grill to ensure that your eggs cook to perfection without sticking.
Now, you should cook the eggs for four minutes on one side before flipping them over.
However, you can flip them after two minutes if you prefer medium/easy cook. Add some pepper and salt to the eggs for seasoning.
Reasons Why You Need A Teppanyaki Grill
- You will not need many pans – rather than preparing different ingredients, and having many dishes to wash, a Teppanyaki grill does away with all that. You only have one grill to prepare all your meals on and to clean.
- Cook to perfection – perfectly cook your vegetables and meat to perfection in your house without having to experience the coldness of winter.
- Transforms your meals to an experience – you can entertain your guests as you dine—you don’t need to spend those many hours in the kitchen as your guests are having good moments. With Teppanyaki grill, you can cook food right on your table, and keep the food warm as you eat.
- You can use the grill at any time – the Teppanyaki grill is ideal for any meals—be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The grill can allow you to cook any meal you want, very fast, which saves you time.
The Teppanyaki grill is ideal if you are hosting a dinner party, preparing a simple meal, or even barbeque. You can also use the grill to prepare stir-fry food.
If you own a Teppanyaki grill, you can use it to prepare your dinner. It is the perfect grill for entertaining your guests.
The grill can be used safely both indoors and outdoors, because it does not have open flame, and it uses electricity rather than gas.
You can assemble the grill very easily, and it can go on decks, patios, and porches—almost anywhere.
Get to know everything that makes Japanese food great:92 best authentic Japanese food recipes by Pearl Ishizaki
Get your quick start in enjoying Japanese cuisine here with our top recommended tools
Since the grill need power to operate, you just need to plug it on the power source, turn on the heat, and you are good to go.
Now you know what temperature you need and how long it’ll take to get there so you come fully prepared for the best dinner party!
Check out our teppanyaki buying guide for home grill plates and accessories.