I love creating free content full of tips for my readers, you. I don't accept paid sponsorships, my opinion is my own, but if you find my recommendations helpful and you end up buying something you like through one of my links, I could earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Learn moreMany professional chefs love copper cookware, and there are various reasons for this. First, copper cookware is the best because of its heat sensitivity. It is popular because of its even and fast heat distribution across the entire cooking surface. Besides, copper cookware heats up fast and also cools down at the same rate, and this gives one matchless temperature control as they cook. Because of these features, copper cookware is very versatile, which means you can use it for cooking any meal you want. Another interesting thing about copper cookware is its durability, which means getting that high quality and expensive copper cookware won’t be disappointing. Copper cookware has been used in traditional French cuisines for over a hundred years. In addition to this, France is famous for making high-quality copper cookware—and it has some of the leading brands all over the world. My favorite is Mauviel with pans like this great little copper sugar pan: This post shall highlight some of the popular French copper cookware brands, which you should consider in case you want to upgrade your kitchenware.
In this post we'll cover:
- 1 Mauviel Copper Cookware
- 2 Baumalu Copper Cookware
- 3 De Buyer Copper Cookware
- 4 Bottom Line
Mauviel Copper CookwareThis is one of the leading French copper cookware brands. Mauviel was started around 200 years ago, in an area with a rich history of metal-work, particularly in producing copper basins and cookware. Today, this brand is popular because of its high-quality cookware, which is used in most of the professional kitchens in different parts of the world. This brand is popular because of its wide variety of kitchenware; however, its Heritage Cookware collection is the most popular. The cookware collection comprises of pans and pots that come in different sizes, and they are manufactured from an amalgamation of stainless steel and copper. The copper body is 2.5mm thick, which makes it the cookware to cool down and heat up very fast, which is thin stainless steel lining on its interior makes cleaning effortless and keeps food safe. The cookware is carefully designed, and there is no room for any mistakes in the manufacturing process. Therefore, you shouldn’t be surprised to see that the handles have been designed with amazing attention to detail. These products are weighed to offer an extra balance. The Mauviel products are very amazing, and each piece of their product comes accompanied by a lifetime guarantee, which protects the products from any manufacturing defects. These products have one downside, though, you cannot use the copper cookware on induction stoves. However, Mauviel offers an interface disk, which allows one to use their copper cookware on their induction stove. Here are some products from Mauviel (check out the complete cookware options here)
Mauviel Made In France M’Passion 2193.40 Copper 15-Quart Jam Pan with Bronze HandlesJust like any other traditional French jam pan, this Jam Pan from Mauviel is made out of copper, which is heat responsive. Its shallow and wide design makes this pan suitable for making caramel, jam, as well as other sugary delights.
- This pan has unlined copper sides, which have a rapid response to temperature changes
- Its tapered sided make stirring an easy job
- The pan has a wide opening which allows easy evaporation and lading to jars
- Ideal for heating sugar and fruits when making jam
- Its unlined interior does not react with fruits when cooking
- The pan comes with two bronze side handles, which are secured using copper rivets
- Not dishwasher safe—hand washing is recommended
- The pan comes with a limited lifetime warranty
Mauviel M’heritage M250B 9-piece 2.5mm Copper Cookware Set with Bronze HandlesThis cookware set is made out of an amalgamation of two traditional and powerful materials, stainless steel and copper. Its handles are made out of polished bronze, stainless steel rivets.
- This cookware set comes with a 1.9-quart saucepan, 2.7-quart saucepan, 3.2-quart saucepan, and 6.4-quart stock port. All these come with a lid. In addition to this, the set has a 10-inch skillet.
- 2.5mm thick copper cookware, which gives allows you to enjoy unmatched heat control and conductivity.
- The pan will give you endless cooking possibilities from cooking stir fries and scrambled eggs, to sautéing vegetables, and other interesting cooking options.
- This cookware comprises of 90% copper and 10% stainless steel.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
Baumalu Copper CookwareThis is another French copper cookware manufacturer, popular for its long tradition when it comes to producing high-quality copper products. The brand manufactures cookware, as well as other kitchen utensils, which focus on traditional French cuisine. This means their pans and pots have an old-school appearance. The pans and pots are mostly made with a 1.7mm copper wall, with lead-free tin lining, and they also have riveted handles, which offer a secure grip. Here are some copper cookware products from Baumalu
Baumalu France Copper Saucepan Cooking Alsace Handmade 7″/18cm 2.1 L
- This is rare to find authentic France Hand Made saucepan, made out of tinned copper. The pan has a thick copper wall as well as a cast iron handle
- The pan is 1.7 mm thick. It has a tin-platted interior
- This is your ideal asset in your kitchenware, be it for serving or cooking
- 100% French product
Baumalu – 201020 – Copper saucepan set 12 to 20 cm special gas
- The set is made out of copper
- It is ideal for gas hobs
- Comes in a set of 12cm, 14cm, 16cm, 18cm, and 20cm saucepans
- Tin-lined interior
- 100% French product
Baumalu 207031 Bassine à Confiture Tous Feux Sauf Induction 12 L 40 cm
- Made out of high-quality copper
- Suitable for valentine’s day, weddings, parties, catered events, upscale catering, home dinner, theme restaurant, and even family reunions.
De Buyer Copper CookwareThis French cookware brand was established in the1830s. Their main focus is copper cookware, although they produce different kitchen products like knives and other utensils. This company offers a variety of copper cookware, which is divided into two different collections:
- INOCUIVRE – this collection comprises of normal copper cookware, with a stainless steel lining. This cookware is similar to products from other manufacturers. The cookware has a 2mm thick layer of copper, and its interior stainless steel layer is very durable and food-safe.
- PRIMA MATERA – this cookware collection from De Buyer really stands out among other copper cookware brands. The PRIMA MATERA collection provides ab groundbreaking solution, which makes it possible to use copper cookware on induction stoves. The pans and pots in the PRIMA MATERA collection are designed out of copper, with unique ferromagnetic stainless steel bottoms, which allows these pans and pots to perform normally on induction stoves, as well as other cooktops.
Also read: the best cookware for induction cooking
De Buyer Professional 20 cm Inocuivre Copper Conical Sauté Pan with Cast Stainless Steel Handle 6436.20De Buyer Inocuivre is considered to be a major selection in the copper designer cookware because of its magnificent copper exterior, as well as mirror-polished stainless-steel interior. Made out of 90% copper, this saute pan will impress you with its matchless heat diffusion and thermal conductivity. This had been designed with the utmost attention to detail, and its design allows even and quick distribution of heat through its bottom and sides.
- This 100% French pan comes with a 2-year limited warranty from its manufacturer.
- It is functional and stylish copper cookware, with exceptional heat diffusion.
- Another exciting feature is its skillfully contoured lines, which give this French designed copper cookware a modern and stylish appearance.
- Unlike other traditional copper cookware, its stainless steel surface won’t need any more re-tinning.
PRIMA MATERA Round Copper Stainless Steel Saucepan 5.5-InchThe PRIMA MATERA brand is considered to be the future of copper cookware. This pan is made out of 90% copper and 10% stainless steel, with a polish-gloss finishing. The PRIMA MATERA Round Copper Stainless Steel Saucepan 5.5-Inch has an ergonomic handle made out of cast steel, and it is riveted into the saucepan.
- 10% stainless steel and 90% copper material
- 2mm thick copper stainless steel
- A unique ferromagnetic bottom which allows one to use the pan on an induction cooker
- Even and fast heat distribution
- 100% made in France
Bottom LineNo matter the copper cookware product you are searching for, you should consider buying French copper cookware since it will give you the best value for your money. However, you need to be wary of using such cookware in case you have induction cookware since they are not compatible. But, this shouldn’t worry you since there is a solution for that. You can choose to buy copper cookware that has been designed to be compatible with an induction cooktop, or just buy an interface disk that will allow you to use your copper cookware on an induction cooktop. Although copper cookware is a bit costly, getting one will definitely give you a good value for your money.
If you’re looking for budget options check out these Gotham Stel pans I’ve reviewed here
Joost Nusselder, the founder of Bite My Bun is a content marketer, dad and loves trying out new food with Japanese food at the heart of his passion, and together with his team he's been creating in-depth blog articles since 2016 to help loyal readers with recipes and cooking tips.